Things we did:
1. Took a free walking tour of the town of Jasper. Check out the CIBC building if you go there. It has been the CIBC since the day it was built sometime around 1906.
2. Ate ice cream and fudge
3. Took a “flight” on the tramway up Whistler’s Mountain and then hiked the rest of the way for the view. The air really is colder and thinner up there. What a spectacular view of the mountains.
4. Canoed (and paddle-boated if you’re ShanWow and DIW) on a picturesque lake at the base of Pyramid Mountain. We even did death-defying stunts of taking a short cut under a bridge so low we had to lay down in the canoe. Oooooo. Ahhhhhh.
5. Hiked the Trail of the Five Lakes which included one absolutely majestic teal lake and 4 swamps. And not one grizzle. Or any mammal other than humans and squirrels for that matter.
|TyWow looking very “Alpian” with his stick|
|DIW contemplating evolution|
|The circle of life|
6. Investigated an truly impressive canyon of evil aka Maligne Canyon.
7. Then we ended the weekend with a day (hour) at the SPA! A real massage for me – none of that boring relaxation massage junk – and a dip in the mineral pool, a soak in the hot tub and a scorch in the sauna.
If this is how grown ups go on vacation I might be able to handle it.
*New name for grizzly bear